Latest Insight Session webinar “New Kids on the Block: Insight into a New Generation” confirmed for 23rd July 2020.
The next Insight Session will see British Phonographic Industry (BPI) partnering with Kids Insights, ERA and Music Ally.
New Kids on the Block: Insight into a New Generation will take place as a free webinar on Thursday, 23rd July at 4pm, lasting for around 90 minutes, including Q&A.
Those who wish to attend can register here. Invitees will be sent a link to log in on the day. Priority spaces will be given to BPI and ERA members, but, in these extraordinary circumstances and given the event is taking place online, non-members are also welcome to apply on a first-served, complimentary basis, subject to availability.
The Insight Session will commence with a half-hour presentation from Kids Insights, who will set the scene by telling us about children today – from trends in their media, brands, tech platforms and device consumption to their hopes, dreams and aspirations. Kids Insights will then explore the relationship that those aged under 18 years have with music, before ending with a future-gazing piece which will also take into account the impact of COVID 19 and other macro trends. See below for more details.
A number of speakers drawn from the ‘kids and music world’ will then broaden out the discussion by sharing insights into how to best engage with this ever-changing, but increasingly potent demographic, as well as highlighting innovative initiatives taking place in the space. Speaker details will be confirmed in due course.
Kids Insights presentation:
– Device Access & Media Consumption – and what is changing
– New(er) Platforms – and how they have shifted behaviours (Netflix, You Tube)
– Influencers & Social Media
– The Gaming Revolution
– Hope Dreams and Aspirations of Children Today
Children and Music:
– Music Fans – the characteristics and habits of children who love music.
– How children are engaging with music today – and how this has changed
– Who influences music choice?
– Favourite bands and musicians
– Trends that may shape the way music is consumed and enjoyed for the next generation.
– Kids Brands and music
– The impact of COVID 19
Those who wish to attend can register here.